Cosmetic dental care offers many different procedures ranging from simple acts like teeth whitening treatments to more complex operations such as gum reshaping. With so many procedures some are more costly than others, this is dependent on your oral needs and desired outcome.
In this article we’ve outlined the most popular cosmetic dentistry procedures so you can research them further and compare the differences, to best decide which option is optimal for you.
- Composite Resin Bonding -This cosmetic dentistry procedure is used to repair chips, cracks and small gaps within a tooth. The cracks are filled using a natural looking dental composite (a tooth-colored liquid adhesive) and bonding it to the compromised tooth. Its average cost is $350 to $1500 per tooth. The average length of time for the procedure is 45 minutes to one hour.
- Teeth Whitening – This is also known as teeth “bleaching”. This procedure helps patients that have stained, yellowed or discolored teeth. The average cost for this procedure is $650.00. Average length of this procedure is one hour.
- Veneers – Ideally for patients that cannot receive a tooth whitening procedure. A veneer is a fabricated natural tooth colored porcelain shell that is placed over the patient’s original teeth. The process for placing porcelain veneers generally takes two to three weeks. Costing roughly $925 to $2,500 per tooth
- Dental Implants – Typically, the placement of an implant consists of surgically inserting a titanium rod (acting as the artificial root of the tooth) into the jaw. It then fuses to the bone during the process of osseointegration. Recovery time for this procedure is six months and the average cost is $900 and $3,000 per tooth
- Invisible braces – These are completely translucent aligners that act as removeable braces to correct crooked teeth, overbites, and widely spaced teeth. The length of time that the braces are worn is about 15 months, sometimes up 24. Cost of these types of braces range from $2,500 to $7,000.
Those are the most popular cosmetic dentistry procedures. Most cosmetic dentists tend to offer advanced care. Because of this, you should expect a very comfortable and pain free cosmetic dentistry procedure that will produce attractive and enduring results for you to enjoy and be proud of.
Are you still unsure about choosing the right procedure for your specific needs? Dr. Krishingner’s is here to sway any concerns and answer any questions you might have about cosmetic dentistry. Contact us today to set up a consultation with Dr. Krishingner and our amazing team at Water Oak Dental. We are conveniently located in the Orlando area in Florida to better assist you with all your cosmetic dental needs.